As a pioneer in the Smart TV sector, Samsung has changed the way the world watches television.
Our visual display UX team continues to advance our mobile and Smart TV offering, designing and
building intelligent, integrated services that delight users with entertainment content and
innovative lifestyle experiences.
The NASB team’s mission is to build the future of television, innovating upon the core user
experience, software and service solutions. As the internal thought leader, NASB collaborates with
the divisional HQ in further extending Samsung’s market leadership position in TV and home
As a UI Prototyping Engineer, you help develop architecture and build proof-of- concept, interactive
prototypes of new products and experiences – to be used to streamline the design process,
iteratively test product concepts with consumers, and as a tool to communicate product concepts to
executive leadership. The role demands ability to work iteratively and collaboratively with a cross
functional UX design team, and to have great technical depth, and an insatiable curiosity to learn
and explore new UI technologies.
• Develop proof-of-concept prototypes of new UI’s for home consumer electronics such as
mobile phones, tablets, televisions and secret industry-first devices.
• Create low to high fidelity interactive prototypes based on system architecture, workflows,
interaction flows and visual mock-ups, etc. provided by designers
• Rapidly build and iterate on polished, high-fidelity, functional prototypes that express
design intent, using the best tools and techniques for the task. Resulting prototype should
look just like a real product.
• Work creatively through and around perceived limitations and challenges imposed by the
delivery platform to create delightful experiences for customers that maintain the integrity
of design provided by designers.
• Apply best practices of prototyping under tight deadlines, while effectively managing tradeoffs between the target design and technical feasibility.
• 5+ years of relevant work experience with UI technologies.
• Solid academic background in computer science, computer engineering, human factors,
human-computer interaction, or related field.
• Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented and have a solid understanding of user centered
design principles, or experience collaborating closely with designers.
• Experience in building one of the native mobile apps or hybrid mobile apps.
• Expert in HTML5, CSS3
• Experience in one of the mobile languages such as Java, Swift or Objective-C
• Experience using Android Studio, Cordova and x-Code to build apps
• Proficient using package managers(npm), css compilers(less,sass) builds automation
• Excellent communication and teamwork skills.
• Must work well under pressure and be able to meet aggressive deadlines.
Candidates must provide a description of relevant past projects including their role for such
projects. Candidates must also provide 2-3 references.
Skills and Qualifications
* Samsung Electronics America, Inc. and its subsidiaries are committed to employing a diverse workforce, and provide Equal Employment Opportunity for all individuals regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.
COVID-19 Vaccine Mandate
In order to comply with the federal vaccine mandate, Samsung Electronics America requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless a medical or religious exemption, or an exemption required under state/local law, is approved. Offers of employment are contingent upon proof that a candidate is fully vaccinated or qualifies for an exemption. More details on how to apply for an exemption are provided after the application process is complete.
Reasonable Accommodations for Qualified Individuals with Disabilities During the Application Process
Samsung Electronics America is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you have a disability and require a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application process, please contact our Reasonable Accommodation Team (855-557-3247) or SEA_Accommodations_Ext@sea.samsung.com for assistance. This number is for accommodation requests only and is not intended for general employment inquiries.